Alright, you’re seriously considering working with us and you’d like to find out more.
A few things before we go any further…
Our hiring philosophy is based on identifying and evaluating the following 5 characteristics in potential candidates:
We are a tight-knit group of people and consider ourselves family. We’re actively looking for people to join our team, but they have to be the right people, regardless of how skilled they are.
This is exactly the reason why we have a longer-than-average hiring process.
Once you find the job opening that fits your skill level (all listed below for your convenience), you’ll hit the apply now button and go through the steps. Once you’ve submitted your application, you’ll receive an email with instructions to fill out an online written interview.
Please fill out that interview as quickly as possible as this lets us know you’re serious about your career search.
You will be contacted within 24-48 hours and, assuming all goes well, we will schedule a time to meet with you. We like to have you meet with several of our team members over the course of 2 to 4 interviews to ensure we’re a good fit for each other before a decision is made on our end as well as yours.
We believe this needs to be a win/win relationship for both of us, otherwise it’s not worth the effort. Wouldn’t you agree?
Now that we have that out of the way, let’s get on with what we offer our team.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – Every full-time employee accrues PTO per calendar year*. Depending on the position, we offer between 1 and 2 weeks of PTO. (*Accrual starts after a 6-month probationary period)
- 4 TENS – Our typical work-week is Monday through Thursday, 7am to 5:30pm. We work four ten-hour days most weeks, which provides our crews with a 3-day weekend most weeks.
- Tool Budget – Each carpenter is given a yearly budget for the purchase of personal tools*. These are tools that are purchased by the employee, at the expense of the company, for the employee to keep. (*The tool budget starts after a 6-month probationary period).
- Tool Maintenance Program – Not only do we assist our technical field crew members in acquiring their own personal tool set up to perform their jobs, Finish Point pays for the maintenance of these tools. (All consumables are provided by the company – saw blades, fasteners, adhesive, etc.)
- Performance Pay – Finish Point offers all full-time and part-time employees a bonus for performing incredibly efficiently and helping the entire team win*. This performance pay is usually dispersed 4 times per year. (*Eligibility and restrictions apply)
- Technical Training Programs – Finish Point offers continuing education and technical training to all field and shop employees through skill-specific, paid training programs several times a year. We work hard at maintaining a culture of constant improvement and lifetime learning.
- Leadership Training – Finish Point offers general leadership, business development, and management training to all employees through personal mentorship, our quarterly Leadership Development Training program as well as attendance at regional conferences.
- Company Events/Outings – We work hard and we like to play hard. We have several company sponsored outings and events that we enjoy. Examples: Spring Paintball Event, golf outings, participation in local charity events, Fall Family Picnic, and Christmas Party.
- Company Apparel – Finish Point provides all employees with shirts, hats, and other branded apparel to wear each work day.
We think it’s extremely important to invest heavily in our team members. We give a lot to you and we expect a lot in return. Below are some questions that will help us determine whether or not we can consider working together.
- Do you have experience with high end production (production speed and high quality)? – (Lead positions)
- Can you pass a drug test?
- Can you pass a background test?
- Do you have reliable transportation?
- Do you maintain a presentable and professional appearance?
- Can you refrain from smoking while on the job?
- Do you align with our company core values and mission statement (stated below)?
Our Core Values
- (S)afety – we all want to go home in one piece at the end of the day
- (P)ride – in performance and quality of work you do
- (E)xcellence – can never be acheived but we are always striving for it
- (C)are – about the customer, your work, the people you interact with
- And have FUN with it!
Our Mission Statement
We build legacies through servant leadership, modern craftsmanship and unexpected customer care.
If you can answer yes to the questions above and you align with our core values and mission statement, things are working out well so far.
The next step is to choose from the list of positions below and apply. Please choose the job that most accurately reflects your skill set and where you think you should start out in our company.
We look forward to talking with you soon!
Never Miss a Post
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.